Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Kite Runner

I just finished reading the book "The Kite Runner". I had heard good things about it here and there, but it was never in at the library. So I finally just requested it and took over 6 weeks to come in, but it was worth it.

The book is superbly written and I just felt like I knew the characters from almost the very beginning. It was a pretty easy read. I read it in about 4 days, but finished the bulk of the book in the last day. It became so intense once I hit a certain point, I could not put it down. It was powerful and moving. It even gives a bit of history about Afghanistan before and after the Taliban took over (which I had no idea was so horrible). The book is more than about history. It is about doing what is right and how our life choices make up who we are and effect those around us. It is also about forgiveness. My receommendation is that it is a must read, but be warned there are a couple of scenes that are very GRAPHIC! Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Shannan said...

Tom read it, loved it. They just released the movie version too.