Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Winning A Losing Battle

As most of you know, I have had weight issues most of my life. This past summer though it really hit me hard how much my weight was taking a toll on my life. I was ashamed to take the kids to the pool, because of the way I looked in a bathing suit and going to the pool was the boys favorite thing to do. I could not run and play with the kids in the backyard or on the playground. I did not sleep well at night and was winded going up and down the stairs in our home. I was stagnant. I had no energy.

On September 12th of this last year I decided I had to something and something permanent. I was sending myself down a path where I would not be able to enjoy my children growing up, or even worse, I might not live to see them have children of their own, and all because of all the problems that occur from being overweight and borderline obese. I wanted to be an example to my children of how to eat well and in moderation.

I am happy to report that since that day, I have lost 40lbs. and 23inches. I feel great and the weight is still coming off. I joined Jenny Craig and I have made major lifestyle changes including walking 3-4 times a week. I practice portion control and am eating more fruits and veggies in a day then I used to in a week. Over the holiday I actually lost 2lbs instead of gaining. I frequent the veggie trays at parties instead of all the chips and dips. I have more energy and gone from a 20W at Lane Bryant to a size 14/16 in a regular store. I feel great about myself. Jason loves my new figure. I still have another 30lbs to lose, but I am confident I will be there by the start of summer.

This year will be a great year, because I winning the battle of my weight and it does not control me. I plan to take my kids to the pool this year any time they ask and look good doing it!

1 comment:

Julie said...

congratulations! This is no small feat! I'm proud of you, Amy. Keep up the HARD work.