Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Did I ever tell you about the time I went to the DMV

So this happened about a year ago but I told this story at Thanksgiving and everyone laughed so I had to share it with all of you...

I went to the DMV to update my driver's licenses with all three kids. Kate was still pretty small. When we got there the line was so long, it backed up outside the door. It never fails when I have to run an errand with all three kids that there will be a line or it will be busy. It is as if a crowd follows me. Businesses should hire me to come to there location when the kids are tired or bored or just plain being themselves because it is always busy when I show up, but that is another story. So back to the DMV, the line is very long.

About half way through Chandler tells me he has to go to the bathroom. I sweetly tell him (or in my mind it was sweet) we are not getting out of the line. We advance a little and again he tells me he has to go to the bathroom and I tell him to hold it. We advance more and again he reminds me that he has to go and I firmly inform him to hold it because there is no way we are going to the end of the line.

Finally we make it to the front and are the next in line. Chandler once again reminds me he has to go and I say "Just hold it for one more minute, Chandler because I am not getting out of this line" (and it was not sweet this time). So in true Chandler form (the child is not quite) he firmly and loudly tells me, "Mom my butt is opening up and the poop is coming out".

As if on cue, the DMVattendant says, "Next" and I relinquished my spot in line and took Chandler to the bathroom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I HATE the DMV, so it was nice to see another person has shared that dreaded experience with kids in tow. AND, the snaps of your children are gorgeous. Love the lighting:)