Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My First Blog

I know that it is crazy that I am blogging, but it is a great way to share with family and friends who live so far away. Even though my kids drive me crazy sometimes they make me laugh ALOT! This morning at Bible study someone suggested I blog because my stories about my kids were so funny and entertaining and then a friend sent me a link to her blog, and I thought okay God what are you telling me. It came to just then. You can share with everyone what's going on whenever you want and people can read it whenever they want. It works great for everyone and helps me share the joy(and pain) of my family! So this is an invitation for everyone to check my blog and check in with us anytime!

So here goes....

Jason is out of town for the next couple of days and it is always stressful when he is gone. This morning was crazy getting out of the house for Bible study. The boys wanted to wear hats and then fought over which hat they got to wear. Chandler wanted his U of TEXAS hat and Chase wanted his Dad's Ole Miss hat. Then Chandler wanted a hat of his Dads but he only wanted the one Chase had and Chase refused to wear the TEXAS hat. Chase insisted he did not like orange only blue. I tried reasoning but it did not work and after a lot of tears and threats (by me) Chandler finally decided on his Dad's hat that he mows the grass in (which smelled horrible) and Chase somehow ended up with the Texas hat (he decided he liked orange after all).

We got to church at 9:29 and Bible study starts at 9:30. We would have been on time had in not been for the whole hat incident. The first ten minutes is usually ladies just talking so I thought maybe I can drop of the kids in their room and make it in before the lesson starts. But No, Kate had removed her hair bow, shoes and socks. I quickly put them all back on and unbuckled her and picked her up. And that when I smelled, the smell. Poop. It happens, I know, but this morning in my rush to get the kidos out the door I hastily applied her diaper with half of her little fanny hanging out. Poor thing. So I went to work. I took off the shoes, socks, and hair bow as well as the clothes. I wiped everything down and reapplied the diaper (correctly this time) and went to look for her change of clothes. Well, I am usually very organized, but somehwere in the crazyness of my life I forgot to change out the kids clothes when the weather got cold. So all I had for Kate to wear was a summer sleeveless dress that was just a little tooo tight and the high today was 65. I know, bad Mommy. But she did have a jacket. And it just so happened her hair bow matched the dress perefecly, so all hope was not lost!

But there is more. Chandler had filled a gift bag that he got for his birthday with toys and brought it in the car. I thought nothing of it because the boys always bring toys in the car. But this was different. He brought the toys for his best friend Ethan. I told him no the toys stay in the car. He said "But I NEED to give this to Ethan". Anyways we went back and forth and I finally reasoned with him to put it down. He gets out and go to unbuckle Chase. And he picks up the bag and Chandler looses it. He cries and gets so dramatic and Chase is now refusing to put the bag down. So I lay DOWN the law (if you get my drift) right there in the parking just as one of the pastors on staff at our church walks by. He smiles at me and says, "Having a bad day?" . My reply, "Not really, this is pretty normal in our family."

So. I finally made it to Bible Study at 9:45. I sit down get a cup of coffee when I realized Kate has left me a reminder of her earlier accident on my shirt sleeve and I forgot my Bible study workbook. I am just about to cry when we start to discuss the days lesson on God's love. It was so refreshing and I so needed it. When I picked up my kids I gave them great big kisses and hugs, because I know even when they fight, poop on me, or have a melt down they are a gift from God and he loves me unconditionally.

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

ericag said...

Oh, Amie! That makes my story about Eliza peeing all over the gate in her bedroom doorway seem pretty silly! :) At least we're starting to potty train though! I LOVE your blog and am glad you're doing it! I'll check back often! Lots of love, E

Denise said...

Love it!! What a funny story. Keep the blog going. It's a great way for me to keep up with you.

Love you

Denise

Kurt said...

Amie, Great story. It's fun to read your day to day events. Keep posting them. Who knows you might have a best seller one day.

SSanchez said...

Mom just forwarded me your blog link. I can't wait till I have time to read it!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Love you,
Shannan